TANGLES!

Tangles...no,  not hair, but those are bad too. I remember when my hair was long and thick and I had to deal with those....no fun!

Not super highways either, though all the loops, off ramps, on ramps, ups and down, overs and unders is a HUGE tangle!  When I lived in the desert in California the freeway down near LA was a horrible, tangled mess. In the 20+ years I lived out there it took me several years to even attempt the drive down to LA.  Then I only drove it about three times, then never again the rest of my years out there!!
People who drove that everyday, to and from work, must surely have had ulcers!! Very stressful!!

Tangles...the ones I have to deal with now.  What are they?  They hide everywhere around the rooms where I live. They're like multiplying rabbits! Every time I buy some new techie equipment...more tangles!  And they're dirty!  And have spiders, like mites on a plant, or fleas on a dog!!

What are these tangles......

They are Cords!!! Hundreds of Cords!!!....those above are hiding behind the TV.  They go to all kinds of  "stuff"  and lay in heaps and tangles down on the floor.  Out of sight, out of mind...well, my mind at least. I don't see them so I don't think about them.

Here's another bunch of tangled cords.......


These are harder to see in this picture. But under where I'm shining the light is a pile of cords in the floor, going between all the TV stuff and the PC stuff.  In the upper left is another pile going into the back of the TV.  What is it?!  I don't know. And see that one cord streaked tight across the picture? That really is that tight, and I can't move anything on either side of it. Everything has to stay put.  I don't know, for sure, what that one is for!

Then there's this mess.......

All of this tangle belongs just to the PC stuff!  It hides under my desk against the wall. I'm always afraid I'm going to stretch my legs out and get my feet  hooked on something and pull it loose! I never see this, but I worry about it, because I know it's lurking under there.

Now....to cleaning tangles.  How?  

My vacuum is heavy, and hurts my back using it, so I never drag it out of the closet. (Almost never. I'm not a complete pig.) I can't get down under my desk to use a duster or cloth. I can't reach far enough behind and down to use a duster behind the TV.  I see some very thin wire behind there, tangled up in the rest of the tangles. I'm sure that if I could get the suction end of a vacuum tube behind there, it would suck that thin wire right out of wherever it's fastened! Then what? Don't know what it is, don't know where it goes, therefore I wouldn't know how to "re-fix" it.

I had a housekeeper once. For a little while. I stopped having one. They spend too much time talking at me when I'm trying to do things on my PC, and when they should be working. After one lady left I saw the sun shining on all the dust up and down the sides of the bookcase. The tops of all my books still had dust on them. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If they couldn't do any better job than I would do, then why pay them?  Bye-bye!!

I've thought, recently, about hiring someone to take care of all my tangles.

But, they wouldn't see them either...they're hiding!!!








Comments

  1. Haha any time you need those tangles cleared up give me a call :) I'll do some cable management for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you live?! And dust them too?! lol

      Delete
    2. I live in Romney, WV. It's about 30 minutes from Winchester, VA. We talked briefly on Twitter once and thought we may be close. Of course I would dust them too
      :3

      Delete
  2. I don't even know where Winchester is. So how long a drive would you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm not sure. If you send me the city you are in through a Twitter message, I could
      give you a guess of how long it would take.

      https://twitter.com/HoniousBearicus

      Delete
  3. Are you HoniousBearicus on Twitter?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have several areas in our house that have similar tangles. Like you, if one of the wires became dislodged, I would have no idea where to re-attach it! I really enjoyed your take on this. Such a fun blog entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for reading it, and enjoying! These tangle are one of the things I try to shove to the back of my mind. Don't know what to do with them, or how to care for them, therefore I don't want to think about them! lol

      Delete
  5. It's like wanting to know what goes on inside the computer ...... after 3 minutes of my cable explanation, that little voice in your head would be screaming "nevermind, shutup, I just want to go play Skyrim". As you remember, much of your cord work was a rush job to first get you functional. Please DON'T let anyone touch them. I'll add some cable management time and related gizmos to my To Do list for you when we drive over to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming Conventions

Where Does The Time Go To?!!

The Concrete Jungle Of Life