Miss Red





                                                                             Miss Red
                                           


Well, everyone, meet Miss Red. You may have seen her before on Twitter. She came to me on either Mother's Day or my Birthday (sorry Carmen) from my daughter-in-law, Carmen.

She is young and not any trouble to watch after. She appreciates it when I give her some water once in awhile, not too often, and enjoys sitting in front of the window which has low light coming in.

The other evening I took her outside with me to enjoy the late afternoon sun. I sat in my recliner and she sat up on the table beside me. We was just relaxing, taking in the sun and listening to the birds.
I was quite content, but I kept noticing Miss Red was facing longingly toward the butterfly bushes across from the porch where butterflies were flitting about happily. I think she was feeling a little lonely.  I asked her if she'd like to go over and join them (I do enjoy talking to her) and I felt like she was happy about that idea.  I helped her over there, and of course I had to take a picture!

                                                                    Miss Red Making Friends

I must say, she is growing up! She was much shorter and younger when she came to live with me, but, even like children, everything grows up. I think she is feeling grown and she wants a little more freedom.  Well, when I was ready to go back inside, I felt some reluctance on her part. I was sure she wanted to stay out longer.  Knowing how everyone wants to have more freedom at some point in their lives, I could understand. So I told her she could stay out awhile for the evening but that she had to be in by a certain time.

I did worry, and kept check on her out the window...bugs could get on her, a strong wind could come up, or a rain shower could blow in on her.  I walked to the window often, I'm afraid. Just like a worried mother!

As it started to get dark I went out to let her know what time it was and that she was suppose to be in by then. But, to my real worry, I could feel her reluctance and I knew she was appealing to me to let her stay out all night!!  What?!   "Listen missy, I know you think you have quite grown up, but you aren't grown yet!  No way are you staying out all night!!  And I just picked her up and marched her inside.

Now she's sitting in the window, just staring out, pathetically.  I know she's sulking, but that's not going to make points with me. She's young,  she's pretty,....and....and...well, someone could even walk by and kidnap her!!

Nope!   Miss Red won't be staying out all night!







Comments

  1. Beautiful - love the colors. My clematis are finally coming in. They are my absolute favorite in the garden. Just need to keep the neighborhood kids from picking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Clematis so much! Can you share a picture?!

      Delete
    2. I'll post one to your twitter. :D

      Delete
    3. Saw them. Their color is very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. This is delightful! Put a big smile on my morning face and made my heart warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Love your name!! LOL Hope you read the rest of them. :)

      Delete
  3. Miss Red, you’re a lovely young lady. Your long, slender green leaves and brilliant, curling red petals are just gorgeous. Not only are you beautiful outside but you obviously radiate from within as you so generously shared your brilliance with the nearby butterfly bushes (and of course with us via Grandma Shirley’s camera lens and creative writing). <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gaming Conventions

Where Does The Time Go To?!!

The Concrete Jungle Of Life